Temperatures are dropping, and it’s time to warm up inside. But don’t be careless when heating your home this winter. More home fires occur in the winter months than at any other time throughout the year. As the season gets closer, be smart when using space heaters, fireplaces and candles. We compiled a list of ways you and your family can prevent a home fire in the months ahead.
Tips to Prevent House Fires This Winter:
- Always practice fireplace safety
- Make sure your space heater has an automatic shut-off
- Test your smoke detectors and the change batteries if needed
- Don’t leave lit candles unattended
- Keep heat sources at least three feet away from anything that can burn
- Don’t overload outlets with holidays decorations
- Have your vents and chimney professionally inspected
- Don’t use extension cords with appliances, including space heaters
If a fire does happen at your home, our team is here to help you with 24/7 emergency service. CREW is experienced in everything from cleanup to restoration. We use state-of-the-art equipment to remove all smoke odors from walls, flooring and ducts. You can count on our team to bring your home back to life.